Monday, November 10, 2008

Faith...is the victory that overcomes the world?

So, today the team was cleaning up the "garden" and the parking lot today. We were picking up trash obviously. And it wasn't like a cool, youth group project where there are 30 zealous kids, singing and laughing and making it a grand ole' time. I was by myself most of the time, and it left me with a lot of time to think about life and my decisions in life. FAITH was a big thing that came to mind.

I was thinking about what Faith really looked like, and how it played out in my life. In case you didn't know this about me, I tend to take things to the extreme or say bold things, that may be offensive or "off color". But while I was picking up trash I had this thought:

"What in the world am I doing. I am cleaning up trash in a Godless country, in FAITH, and hope that some spiritual deity in the great cosmos is going to make sense out of all of this seemingly insignificant task, some where in some point in time."

Then it only expanded from there. Where does my faith come from? Then I realized, it came from a book. Words on a page, are guiding my life. Or at least I try to let them guide me. Everything in my life is because of words on a page in a most significant order.

These words say there is a God who created everything around me. They tell me that he crushed nations, and he lifted them up. That from the beginning of time, he had a plan in motion to bring about relationship with peons. Little "grasshoppers" and this God, says he is going to send his son to wipe away sin from the earth so that we can enter in a pure and undefiled relationship with the this God, that gives and takes away. He also Tests, but doesn't tempt, He forgives and forgets sin, but knows everything at the same time. He knows the outcome of the world, yet we still have free will.

I know the historicity and credibility of the Bible, but still, FAITH requires you to take that step and let words on a page be a guide for your life.

I guess you could say that I was struggling with my faith, but I think I am slowly realizing more and more what it is. Sometimes Faith doesn't make any sense at all, and you are left stranded guessing and worrying. But Faith says I have grace. Needless to say, I will never run out of things to think about and ponder.

What does your faith look like? What is it telling you?

My faith is a mystery, and it is revealed to my a little everyday. My faith is a victory that will overcome the world. Will yours?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

=)

Tara said...

I heard someone say once that faith isn't really yours until you are forced to fight for it.
Thank you for showing me that the fight can be won.
Love you.