Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The LORD, the LORD

My Apologies:
I am not very consistent with posting but what the hey, I am young and undisciplined. So, here is what's been on my heart lately.


My Condition:
Well my condition in life is not unlike everyone else's as stated in Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." That's the truth. I am still sinning. It's funny to me sometimes how pathetic I really am. I fight, and I fight, and I make little to no progress. And after the day is over, I journal and pray asking for forgiveness and I go to sleep. I wake up and repeat the same process over again. I am sure there are Bible scholars and very spiritual and awesome Christians out there who, although don't have it all figured out, are further along than I am. They could tell me my problem and what I need to fix it and to grow. But, I am growing. I am walking and I am working to become the man of God I was called to be. I make a lot of mistakes, and I sin and I fall, but...


God's Grace:
God's grace is more than enough. This is where the title of my Blog comes into play. I was reading in Exodus, and I was reading the part where God reveals his glory to Moses. And what God says about himself, is something that has brought me a lot of peace and a lot of comfort these past few days.

"And He passed in front of Moses proclaiming, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickeness, rebellion and sin..." --Exodus 34:6-7

Man, that has been helping me a lot. I don't know deep spiritual truths and I don't have strong theology, but I do sin, and feel pain and guilt. I don't understand everything about the Bible, but I do know that God is infinitely patient with me. God is full of grace and mercy and even when I am in my lowest of lows, and neck deep in my sin, He loves me with a love that will never end. I thank God, with all that I am, for his grace. I thank God because he sees me as his child. What an awesome feeling.

I have been struggling with thoughts, and actions, and just being human. I needed to share this with people. I wanted to share what's been helping me. I don't understand everything, but what God has blessed me with I will use to encourage others. Go with God, and live free in his comforting arms, endless grace, limitless love, and infinite patience.

1 comment:

Tara said...

"Maintaining love to thousands" - what a thought. We have trouble maintaining love to ONE person. It says so much about God that He can love all of us, and without struggle. He does it because He is love. We are so blessed because of who He is.
God's grace is enough, that is true, but for what it's worth - I know you can do this.
I love you.